Tuesday, June 30, 2009

UPDATE

Okay, yesterday before surgery Infectious Disease Dr.'s came in to see me, it seems that since I had the spinal fluid leak in my back for 5 days that they are worried that my spinal fluid has become infected, which causes menegitis. WOW, so Dr. Rigamonti went in and cleaned up my back, he tryed to stop the leak, my incision is twice as big now for some reason. He said that because of the risk of infection that he was going to wait to go in my head to fix the VP shunt. So this morning, they took me down and put a lumbar drain in, lets just say that was the most painful thing I have EVER been through because I was away completly and had no pain meds or anything until afterwards. So now I have a catheder sticking out of my back, they are draining fluid and testing it for infectI cryed like a baby, I have had my back cut open three times in three weeks, they have stiched on my back four times since I have been here Thursday. My back is raw and HURTS As soon as they are sure that the infection is gone or that there is no infection he will go in to repair the shunt in my head. That is all I know right now.

1 comment:

  1. i am henry with hopewell baptist in new kent
    .brandy told me what was going on we have been
    praying for u all sorry it took me so long
    to contact u i would like to meet with u &warren
    poss. late next week &try to help if so let me know GOD BLESS henry

    ReplyDelete