Saturday, June 6, 2009

At the hospital

Sorry i have not updated sooner, it has been a really rough week. The surgery to tie off my shunt went well. They have been monitoring my intracranial pressure since the surgery and it is dfinatly high. I got out of surgery at 1 pm, but was not allowed to leave recovery until 11pm that night. My blood pressure was dangerously low, my oxygen level was low and i was throwing up about every 20 minutes or so. Yesterday was no better, i cannot stop throwing up, they say it is from the high pressure in my head, i have not eaten anything except 1 saltine since Tuesday. They have had a very difficult time controlling my pain, they finally hooked me up to a PCA pump. sorry to everyone who called, i was not up to talking to anyone, it is all i can do to get this pos done

No comments:

Post a Comment