Thursday, April 2, 2009

FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!

I decided to take it upon myself to go to St. Mary's and get my Radiology Report from my MRI. Let me just start by saying that was a BIG mistake. Not being a doctor, I don't know what I am looking at and it scared me to death. First I start off by finding out that I have a 2.1cm or 21mm herniation, okay for those of you that don't know much about Chiari, that is NOT GOOD!! Herniation's range from 6-26mm. Then after I get over that initial shock I go to read on and it says that "There is substantially diminished exta-axial fluid signal in the posterior fossa around the foramen magnum", again not good. Then there is a cavernous angioma in the superior right frontal lobe", no doctor, but can't be good, right? Then as if that is not bad enough "a small mucosal retention cyst in one of the right posterior ethmoid air cells". WOW!!!!!!!
So immedialty I freak out, as I think most of us would do and I called my dad and my Neurologist. I waited ALL DAY to here back from my Neurologist, by thank goodness he finnally called me and basically tells me not to worry about it????????? How can I not worry about it. I have excrutiating headaches, coordination problems, and now I have muscle weakness in my left leg, which at this point I am just dragging around. I just went to my doctor and got more pain meds to cover up all of my problems that I am having, that seems to be the only thing they want to do right now. Don't worry about it and take some pills :) I am in search of a Neurosurgeon at Duke up in Raleigh, NC if anyone knows of anyone. Thank everyone for there prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment